Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Happy Thanksgiving

I'm back. It's been a rough week and my way of dealing with things is to withdraw and escape. I didn't want to talk about any books, but I wanted- NEEDED- to get lost in them. So I've spent the last week lost in Stephanie Lauren's Cynster series. I think, actually I KNOW, it was my way of avoiding the real world and recapturing some sense of happily-ever-after. Doesn't make anything easier, but that's the coping mechanism that works for me.

I started out with the intention of only re-reading book 1, Devil's Bride, but even that close-to-perfect book wasn't enough and I ended up re-reading the first 6 books, all the Bar Cynsters, before I came up for air. I don't know what I'll read next. NOTHING I have is capturing my attention AT ALL! I think Sybil has given up on me and has decided not to be my BFF anymore. *sniffle*.

But I wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow. I've gotta say that Thanksgiving has always been my LEAST favorite holiday. All the overcrowded grocery stores, then cooking all day, just to see the meal end 20 minutes later. GAK! I refused to do the big family holiday meal years ago, which helped enormously. I always hated how the women busted their asses all day, we ate , then we busted our asses cleaning up while the men all watched football and did NOT watch the kids. Fuck that shit, I want to go sit down after I eat, too! At least, when it's just me, my DH, and our kids, THEY help with a bit of the prep, and THEY clean up. I refuse to, although I do help box up the leftovers.

But wherever you are for Thanksgiving, whether you celebrate it or not, stay safe and take a minute to count your blessings.

glitterbank.com - Icon graphics


Things you can only say on Thanksgiving (I totally ripped this off from another site)

1. Talk about a huge breast!

2. Tying the legs together keeps the inside moist.

3. It's Cool Whip time!

4. If I don't undo my pants, I'll burst!

5. That's one terrific spread!

6. I'm in the mood for a little dark meat.

7. Are you ready for seconds yet?

8. Its a little dry, do you still want to eat it?

9. Just wait your turn, you'll get some!

10. Don't play with your meat.

11. Just spread the legs open and stuff it in.

12. Do you think you'll be able to handle all these people at once?

13. I didn't expect everyone to come at once!

14. You still have a little bit on your chin.

15. How long will it take after you stick it in?

16. You'll know it's ready when it pops up.

17. Wow, I didn't think I could handle all of that!

18. That's the biggest one I've ever seen!

glitterbank.com - Icon graphics

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad to see you back QB. I'm just starting the Cynster series. I've just ordered The Devils Bride. I've heard so much about the series I can't wait to get started. I like the Things you can only say at Thanksgiving... very cute. I think #11 is my favorite. lol. I hope you have a nice weekend. I agree I like a quiet holiday with just the immediate family. Our Thanksgiving was like that and I really enjoyed it.

I'm sorry you had such a crappy week. If you need a fresh ear to unload to you know my email address. Or even just someone outside of it all. I would be happy to listen. You've certainly done the same for me. Happy Turkey Day QB.

Vincent Copsey said...

Glad you're back QB. I'm still reading the Cynster novels for the first time around. I finished Gabriel's book recently, so Lucifer is next.

Anonymous said...

I've always said that no book is perfect, but I think Devil's Bride comes closer than any other book I've ever read. This was the first time I'd ever re-read the first 6 back to back, and, unfortunately, as good as those next 5 are, they still pale in comparison to Devil and Honoria's story.

However, reading all of them DOES provide an extra HEA at the end of Lucifer's story.

Vincent Copsey said...

Interesting!

Have to say that I like Vane's book best so far. Devil is just too alpha for my tastes, 'fraid I wanted to sock him one on occasion :-)

Ann Aguirre said...

I don't think I've ever read her. I've been off historicals since Penelope Williamson, Patricia Gaffney, and Connie Brockway turned away from them. Laura Kinsale just doesn't write fast enough to suit me, nor does Judith Ivory.

It's hard to do Thanksgiving here because it's not a holiday. The kids have to go to school, my husband has to work, and the grocery store doesn't have half the stuff I need to make a traditional dinner. Last night I did a roast chicken, homemade stuffing and corn on the cob.

Hope you're feeling a little better, though.

sybil said...

Totally understandable hon.

The first six of the Cynsters are the best, with Devil's Bride being the best of the best.

sez I

Whenever I get sick or just hit my limit I go on a reread binge.