Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Free Me from Frustration!!! (Updated)

~
Still no resolution to my techno-hell frustration. I have officially given up on my PDA. It's just not going to happen, I even tried it on the Dell and it freezes up as soon as I plug it into the USB adapter. I haven't mustered the courage to deal with the two Sony's again. My Sony now no longer has sound. I soooo do NOT want to buy a new PDA AND PC right now. I've been looking at the convertible laptops (laptop/tablet PC), but most of the ones that are truly Vista ready aren't out yet, plus Vista isn't quite up to par yet either. Seems silly to buy an XP one, though. I would LOVE to get one of those ultra moblie PC's (UMPC) that are basically the size of a trade paperback. But the price on those is just ridiculous!
~
Here's the thing. I need a portable way to read ebooks. I also need a new "main" PC. So my dilemma is, do I buy something with as many features as I can find on a convertible notebook now because I can also use the tablet option to sorta comfortably read ebooks (although fitting in the purse isn't going to happen) along with a docking station/port replicator so that I can still use a full size keyboard and monitor? Or do I just replace my Sony desktop with the cheapest thing that will work along with a new PDA ($600) or cheapo laptop (<$700) and then hope that, down the line, the UPMC's will come way down in price? Gawd, this is frustrating!!!

~
Speaking of frustration, my DH will be home soon so that we can FINALLY have our long anticipated, much needed Valentine's Day Playdate!! YES!!!
~

This next bit of confection honors the occasion...
~

....
~
...
~

~

UPDATE:
~

No comments: