Saturday, April 7, 2007

Little Bonbons

♥Just a few little Bonbons- I've been working too much to post lately. I have been slowly filling in a nice long QB's Quickies post to try and clear out my Recent Savorings queue. I hope to get that finished and posted within the next few days. I've been reading nearly every minute that I haven't been working and there's been some really REALLY good reads in there!

♥Have you seen the May issue of Romantic Times magazine? If not, it's worth picking up- it should be available until May 14th, I think. First of all, there's a couple of articles about Urban Fantasy. They mention everyone from Emma Bull to Laurell K. Hamilton to Kim Harrison, but there are a few authors I've not heard of. I'll be checking out and possibly adding some of their books to my Constant Cravings list. Then later, some of the Urban Fantasy authors give advice for writing in this newly popular sub-genre. They've also added an Urban Fantasy sub-section to their Paranormal reviews.

Finally, there are some Historical and Erotica book reviews in there that have me salivating! I'll be adding them to my Constant Cravings and Decadent Desires lists as soon as I can find time.

♥ This is such a a dream story for a werewolf-ho like me. Go look at the pics and read the story. Isn't it like the first chapter of a Paranormal Romance where we first meet the hero? I'm hoping some author will take this and run with it!

♥ I've been doing a happy dance and hugging myself while letting loose with multiple Fangirl Squees! Why? Because my ARC (Advanced Readers Copy) of Laurell K. Hamilton's The Harlequin is in the mail and on it's way to me RIGHT NOW!!!!! Click here for a brief explanation of how I suddenly became ARCworthy. I have every intention of getting enough work done that I can sit down and devour it as soon as it gets here. Probably twice. And then I'm also going to take the time to create a very long Cubie's Commentary about it WITHOUT ANY SPOILERS. Hee-hee, that's right, you'll be getting no more specific details from me than Laurell or her publisher have already given. At least that's my plan, now let's see if I can pull it off. I absolutely do not want to spoil anyone else's joy in reading The Harlequin for themselves, but I also relish the chance to have my say-so FIRST without anyone arguing with me- at least for a couple of weeks until more ARCs get distributed.

No comments: