Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Damn You, Jennifer Ashley!

Or maybe I should say, "Damn you, Joy Nash!" After all, the Immortals series (see previous commentary) was Jennifer's brainchild, but it is book 3, Immortals: The Awakening by Joy Nash that rocked my world and whipped me into a frenzy to go on a quest to find book 4, Immortals: The Gathering by Jennifer Ashley. It was released today and I HAD to read it ASAP, so off to Walden's I went. Couldn't find it. They looked it up and they didn't get any in. They also didn't get Susan Sizemore's Primal Desires which released today. Weird. Of course I went ahead and bought the other books that came out today, cause I obviously wouldn't have anything to read if I didn't. *rolls eyes and looks at Soon To Be Savored list* So I stopped at Border's. Not there either. They looked them up and their computer shows "in-transit". They even checked the back room.

By now, I'm irritated and disappointed. The only reason I made a point to book shop today was so I could get that Immortals book, dammit! So, as a last ditch, what-do-I-have-to-lose effort, I ran into K-Mart. And there, in the disorganized jumble that is the K-Mart book department, was my Holy Grail--- Immortals: The Gathering.

BTW, if you are heading to Walden's or Border's, be sure to google "Border's coupons" before you go. I found FIVE DIFFERENT 25% off coupons (check the codes to make sure they are different if you are using them all at the same time/same place), a 20% off, and a 15% off. It is VERY unusual to find that many different ones valid at the same time, so take advantage of them!

♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥


I'm enjoying the silence in the house with all the kids away at school. Only problem is, I took a three hour nap yesterday afternoon. Then by 9 AM today, I was on the couch taking a 2-1/2 hour nap. I have NO clue why I'm so damn tired lately. Usually, I can barely sleep 6 hours. Maybe it's catching up with me. The big problem is that I need to be doing EOM work so this sleeping shit is cutting into my online playtime and reading time.

And, I just realized it's Tuesday. Which means I should have posted a Tuesday Trio. Geesh, I must be more tired than I thought. BRB.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Girl! I just bought the first 3 books in the Immortals series but haven't started them yet- at least now I know I better get the 4th the next time I see it!

Anonymous said...

Oh geez--- you better because by the time you finish book 3, you will be CRAZED to read book 4!

I'm halfway through and that's only because I've been sneaking quick reads of it all day.

I thought book 3 was going to remain my favorite, but so far book 4 is freakin' great!