Saturday, August 4, 2007

QB's Quickies



"So, read any good books lately?"
"What did you think of...?"

Here's the Quickie answers to those questions. Click on the Links for more info.

Lisa Andel - McIntyre and Coventry - Special Investigations 1 (Liquid Silver)

Category: M&Ms - a bit lighter and/or not quite as satisfying as Peanut M&Ms, but still Oh-So-Enjoyable! (B,B-,C+,C)
Flame Height: 8" out of 9"

Picture a cross between Kim Harrison's Rachel and Keri Arthur's Riley romping through a fuckfest. A little more time spent explaining the world rules would have gone a long way toward making this one helluva read. Nonetheless, this erotic paranormal was engrossing and enjoyable and I hope Lisa writes more in this world. Extra points because it's set in my neck of the woods.
Piquant Opines: FAR, Elisa,

Joey W. Hill - The Vampire Queen's Servant

Category: Peanut M&Ms - mmmm...devour... sigh... then reach for the next one. My daily dose of Insanity-B-Gone. Most books fall in this category. (A-,B+,B)
Flame Height: 7" out of 9"

Listen, there is nothing I can say about this haunting erotic paranormal that hasn't been said better by numerous other people. When I read Gwen's review, I bought the book without any further research- I don't think I even read the back cover. My "Reader Instinct", combined with the fact that Gwen and I like many of the same books, made this a must-buy. The sequel, Mark of the Vampire Queen, is due out 02/05/2008.
More Piquant Opines: Jane, Shuzluva(Bam), RT,

4 comments:

Rhian said...

Lisa's working on book two in this series i think. i loved it! Have to run and tell her about your great review! Yahoo! That's my girl.

Anonymous said...

With all those brothers in the story, I certainly HOPE Lisa is not done with this series! LOL! I wanna read MORE!

Chantal said...

I'm not enjoying TVQS at all :(

Anonymous said...

Uh-oh, Chantal, I think you are the first person I've heard of that hasn't loved it. I thought it was really good (not A+ but certainly above average), however I can also see that it wouldn't be everyone's cup of tea. It IS very unusual, isn't it?