Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Too Pooped to Post


Saturday, August 18, 2007

9:30 AM: soccer pictures followed by the first soccer game of the year.

12:30 PM: Off to the evil Wally World and then the mall.
Passengers: 11 year old son, 15 year old daughter, 20 year old daughter
Mission: procure all needed school supplies; renew supply of mysterious disappearing kids' socks and underwear; purchase school and gym shoes

5:30 PM: Mission accomplished

6:30 PM: plop down in recliner

6:35 PM:


11:35 PM: husband gives up trying to wake me up


Sunday, August 19th, 2007

02:13 AM: woke up long enough to drag my tired ass to bed

08:36 AM: FINALLY woke up after 14 hours! What's up with that? Normally, 6 or so hours and I'm wide awake.

1:00 PM: I took my Mom and all 4 demon spawn out to lunch so she could see the kids before they left for school.

04:00 PM: Oh shit! I just remembered I had some work that I need to finish by tomorrow morning!

6:30 PM: Oldest son leaves to go back to college. 1 down, 3 to go.

06:31 PM: Back to work. Upside? I'm now listening to part II of Raintree: Sanctuary.

11:40 PM: Oh shit! AGAIN! I just remembered that I need to write some checks for yet more miscellaneous cheerleading expenses so my 15 year old can take them to practice with her tomorrow.


Monday, August 20th, 2007

9:30 AM: Finish up work to drop off at CPA office.

11:30 AM: Swing by CPA office on way to pick up cheerleaders. As usual, I'm stuck with pick-up/drop-off car pool duty.

12:50 PM: Start sorting copious amounts of laundry which includes snipping off all those PITA price tags from the new school clothes. Realized that I'm going to have to go back out and brave the evil Wally World again- my son's gym shirts are all too small for him so I'm going to have to find him a couple of plain grey t-shirts till I can order more gym shirts from the school (they go to parochial school).

4:00 PM: FINALLY sat down to write my review of one of the super secret ARCs from my super secret BFF for my super secret project. I even took time to play a bit online.

05:30 PM: 11 year old's soccer coach calls to say his game is cancelled because of the rain and thunderstorms. Uh... that's probably a good thing since it never occurred to me to look at the schedule and notice THAT THERE WAS EVEN SUPPOSED TO BE A GAME TONIGHT! DOH!!


Tuesday, August 21, 2007

08:36 AM: Roll my ass off the couch (hubby was sucking the paint off the walls with his snoring last night); continue to tackle the Great Smokey Mountain of laundry.

10:00 AM: drop everything- it's Tuesday. That means I need to post a new Tuesday Trio. This is a PRIORITY, dammit! And I already know what this week's theme will be.

01:00 PM: GODDAMMIT! *headslap* I've got to quit googling for NEW pictures and start browsing my already ginormous Eye Candy Folders! Yep, there's the top three for this week.


Still to come:

Tuesday and Wednesday: finish all that damn laundry! Complete the first wave of the beginning-of-the-year school forms. Try to get some work done. Go to grocery store to lay in supplies for school lunches.

Wednesday night: Meet the Team Night. Since the 15 year old is a cheerleader, that means we get to go too. Support the football team and all that other Rah! Rah! Rah! bullshit. Somehow, I've become the unofficial photographer at these things. Did I mention that I am SOOOOO NOT a sports person? Really, all this stuff is EXCRUCIATING. It's MIND NUMBING. *sigh* The sacrifices we make for our kids, huh?

Thursday: The two youngest kids start school. 3 down, 1 to go.

Friday night: The first varsity football game of the season. I'm kinda hoping the monsoons continue here in Ohio.

Saturday morning: soccer game; ditto on the monsoon wishes

All weekend: get my oldest daughter packed up then take her to the airport for her semester in Rome. Join my husband in lecturing her about travel safety and calling/emailing home daily. Repeat advice at least 5 times a day.
Possible danger: my husband may decide he's not letting her get on the plane. Seriously, he's totally freaking out as the time for her to leave gets closer.


Monday August 27 2007

MY FIRST FREAKIN' DAY ALONE IN THE HOUSE SINCE EARLY MAY! WOO-TO-THE-FREAKIN-HOO! There will be no sounds. No TV, no video games, no screeching, no arguing. The cooling fan on my PC may even be too loud. No, Monday will be a day for the civilized activity of quietly reading a book.



No comments: