Tuesday, May 29, 2007

QB's Quickies

"So, read any good books lately?"
"What did you think of...?"

Here's the Quickie answers to those questions. Click on the Links for more info.



Delilah Devlin - Into the Darkness

Category: M&Ms - a bit lighter and/or not quite as satisfying as Peanut M&Ms, but still Oh-So-Enjoyable! (B,B-,C+,C)
Flame Height: 6” out of 9”

I’ve read and enjoyed many of Delilah’s ebooks from Ellora’s Cave. This one was released from Avon Red. I can’t say it’s my favorite of her books, but nonetheless I give her kudos for coming up with a fresh take on the vampire mythology.
Piquant Opines: RT, TRS

Kelley Armstrong - Women of the Underworld Series


1. Bitten
2. Stolen
3. Dime Store Magic
4. Industrial Magic
5. Haunted
6. Chaotic - in “Dates from Hell” anthology
7. Broken
8. No Humans Involved

Category: Peanut M&Ms - mmmm...devour... sigh... then reach for the next one. My daily dose of Insanity-B-Gone. Most books fall in this category. (A-,B+,B)
Flame Height: 4” out of 9”

Bitten will probably always be my favorite in this series, but No Humans Involved has now become a close second. Jeremy is the character that has always intrigued me and it was so enjoyable seeing him get a chance to be just himself, not the Alpha. Jaime is a likeable enough character, but her ability to draw another side of Jeremy out makes me like her all the more. And the fact that they happen to be olde pharts like me is just icing on the cake!
Piquant Opines: RRT,

Carrie Vaughn - Kitty and the Midnight Hour

Category: Peanut M&Ms - mmmm...devour... sigh... then reach for the next one. My daily dose of Insanity-B-Gone. Most books fall in this category. (A-,B+,B)
Flame Height: 3" out of 9"

Okay, okay- you were right- I LOVED it! What a refreshing change from the normal uber alpha werewolf books (not that I'd want to give them up, mind you)! I never read this before because, for some reason, I had it in my head that this was a silly chick-lit paranormal. And I can only stand a very few of those. But I could not be more wrong and YOU WERE RIGHT! (Have I said it enough yet?) I've already put the next two on my Constant Cravings list. There. Happy now? Geesh.
Piquant Opines: RT,

No comments: