Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Mélange

HAH! You ho's thought that title said MENAGE didn't you! Admit it!
~
♥ Deciphering the code... the Perv Code, that is.
~
I was just thinking (a rarity, I assure you)- where did the Perv Code for books start and how come we all instinctively understand it.
~
What I mean is, I can see how m/m or f/f is easily understandable. After all, we've been checking off those "Sex: M_ F_" boxes all our lives, but how come we immediately know what the difference is between m/f/m and m/m/f, or between f/m/f and f/f/m.
~
Don't ya wonder how this standard came to be? And does it actually have a name (besides the Perv Code that I just tagged it with)?
~
♥ A few of the Google hits for this blog:
~
Charles Dera- I don't think there's been one day that at least one person hasn't searched for him- some days there are dozens of hits! So here's the two posts that he's featured in- Charles in Charge and Got Any? Of course you could just click on the Eye Candy label on the far right and enjoy all the rest of the scenery while you hunt for your Marine.
~
Cubie- Yeah, yeah, it's got a few serious definitions. But my favorite comes from the Urban Dictionary: "Cubie, n. a short fat cock, not unlike a chode. however a cubie is the exact same width as length. a cubie is often little more than a knob-end." Who knew?
~
www black dabel fuck- yes, the Dabel brothers are black, and I'm sensing some hostility here, but, um, what's with the www? Did you think there was really a site at that address- www.blackdabelfuck.com?
~
Laurell Hamilton The Harlequin ARC spoilers (or some variation of that)- I've lost count of how many nearly daily search hits I've received for that. While I'm thrilled so many people can't wait for it's release, wouldn't it make more sense to head over to her board? In addition to my teasers that I copied over from this blog, a few of the ARC readers have spoiler threads where they share every minute detail of the book.
~
The same goes for the spoiler searches for Kim Harrison, Charlaine Harris, etc., just head over to LKH's board and someone is bound to have a spoiler thread going on over there. In fact, several of the authors post there regularly! Don't get me wrong, you're welcome to come visit me here whenever you want, but if you're looking for deets, the LKH board is where you want to be. My getting that ARC for The Harlequin was a one shot deal because of getting my name used in the book and, as ARCworthy as I think I am, it'll probably never happen again.
~
Ardeur Pastry- *scratches head* Succubus tarts? Fur Pie? Cream Sticks? What?
~
Samantha Kane The Courage to Love- Damn! Do I have good instincts or what?! I saw this the other day over on EC and thought I'd give it a try- historical and menage! The Google search just showed me that this book has generated buzz all over the place.
~
Harrison Confections- this has become daily hits lately too. The Confection hit makes sense, but since I've only blogged one Kim Harrison book, I'm not sure why my blog is so high up on Google's search hit list. Sorry about that, Harrison Confections.
~
♥ I am soooo far behind writing Commentaries for my Recently Savored books! ACK!!! I think the problem is that I'm just not glib enough to fire these off and then hit "Publish" in a few minutes. I agonize over every little detail and one paragraph can take forever for me to rewrite and tweak. WH-A-A-A-T???!!!! Stop snickerin' at me! You writers are just cruel to make fun of the creatively challenged, dammit!
~
And my Constant Cravings and Decadent Desires lists are completely out of control. The print books get first purchase priority because, if I don't buy them as soon as they're released, then I'll have to keep track of them until they build up enough for a free shipping order at Amazon.
~
I did get an Elloras Cave order purchased though. And when I'm done with those ebooks, I'll hit another Confectionary. (See, Annie and Anne, I didn't forget you!)
~
Somehow, I don't think I can convince my husband that we should retire years earlier than planned just so I can catch up on my reading and commentaries. *sigh*
~
♥ Speaking of my EC order, after I placed the books from my Decadent Desires list into my cart, I looked around to see if anything else caught my eye. I picked up the Samantha Kane mentioned above. I just didn't have time, however, to look at all the books/authors I was unfamiliar with, read their blurbs then find a review on them. But then I thought- wouldn't it be super useful to pull up the C2Ks reviews just for EC, or for whichever ePublisher I was building an order at? Then I could just zip through the list pulling out the ones that sound the best. I emailed C2Ks' Jennifer (who totally rocks by the way as a reviewer and as a person) and she passed the request on to the powers that be over there. If any of you also think that would make ebook shopping easier, drop them an email, okay?
~
Since it never hurts to get more opinions, do any of you know of any other (mostly) ebook review sites that are INDEPENDENT (not affiliated with authors/publishers) like C2Ks is?
~
After I thought about it, I realized I should also be labelling my Commentaries by ePublisher or Audio Download source, too. That way I can easily look back and see what authors to check for new releases when I'm placing an eOrder. So note that, like I did with Pâtissiers for authors, I'm prefixing all the ePub and Audio source labels with the same word, Confectionaries, to keep them all together in the list on the far right.
~
♥ Hey Rhian, here's me...

And here's the ones LissaNY did of LKH's Merry gentry characters...
Rhys... Doyle... Merry... Frost... Galen

Hmmm... now that I'm looking at me as a Peanut M&M, and since my main Commentary Category is a Peanut M&M, maybe I should place a smaller version of my M&M in my commentaries. Not ALL of them, just the QB's Quickies. What do you think?

No comments: