Friday, September 21, 2007

Highlight of RAW

I realized today that I forgot to mention what, to me, was the highlight of RAW. On Sunday, after the brunch, Lora was presented with a quilt made by Jessica and her mother (I hope I remembered her name right). The quilt depicts a bookcase filled with pictures of each of the RAW authors along with their books! That is without a doubt one of the most amazing pieces of quilt art I've ever seen! Trust me when I tell you that the pictures just do not do it justice. I can't begin to imagine how much work was put into it! And what a beautiful keepsake for Lora to commemorate her first RAW and, according to her, the first party she's ever thrown.

Jessica(?) on the left, Lora Leigh on the right
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

5 comments:

sybil said...

That is a quilt? OMG how in the world did they do that?

Very very very cool and I just die to think of how much work that had to have been.

nifty
thanks for sharing ;)

Anonymous said...

Man, that was the coolest thing.

Sybil, Jess scanned book cover spines. Somehow you can scan pic and then print them out onto some sort of cloth.

I haven't seen too many quilts that looked like that. Seriously a work of art.

Anonymous said...

It just blew me away!

So, they also had to physically scan all the book spines (it's not like you can just download a spine pic online) and all the author pics. Then do whatever it is they needed to do to get them onto cloth, BEFORE they could even start the beautiful layout and then the quilting.

There really is no other way of describing it other than to say it IS a work of art.

Unknown said...

This definitely is a work of art!! This is one of the neatest things I've ever seen!

Ann Aguirre said...

Damn, that's amazing. What a gift! That's so beautiful, damn.