Sunday, July 1, 2007

A Blast from the Past

Last night, my husband and I took our youngest and oldest kids with us to the Mahoning Valley Rib Burn-off. WAAAAAY too crowded, but there was a good reason- Michael Stanley was there. Yeah, yeah, I can hear you now... Who is Michael Stanley?

Well, back in the late 70's and early 80's the Michael Stanley Band, based out of Cleveland, was all over the Top 40 radio stations. Their biggest album, Heartland, had some amazing singles that still hold up pretty damn well today. I remember being shocked that no one outside of the Cleveland region had ever heard of them. How can that be?! These guys totally rocked! You couldn't turn on the radio without hearing a song from Heartland!

Well, Michael Stanley has remained a beloved celebrity in the area, even popping up to host some Cleveland TV.

And now I'm in the mood to share some of his signature songs. Enjoy.

I'll Never Need Anyone More



He Can't Love You


Lover (close your eyes for this one and just listen, it wins my prize for worst amateur camera work EVER!)

2 comments:

Aradia said...

Hi QB,
I've been checking you weblog for sometime now.
Have you read "The Harlequin" by LK Hamilton? what do you think of it?

Anonymous said...

Well, Hello Aradia! I'm completely flattered, thank you!

Have I read The Harlequin?! Darlin' I am IN it!!

Head over to the far right column of this blog and click on Pâtissiers: Hamilton_Laurell_K and you'll see the story behind that and my thoughts about The Harlequin.

BTW, I just took a quick peek at your blog. Books and chocolate? Oh, I will absolutely be popping back in there! :D