Saturday, July 14, 2007

Passionate Plumes, SoM Winners (Updated)

FINAL UPDATE: Just ignore this whole post and consider it my scratch pad! If you want to see the awards all prettied up with links included, either click here, or go to the right hand column of this blog and click on +Award_Winners+

As of right now, NO ONE has posted the results of the Passionate Plume/Stroke of Midnight Awards luncheon yesterday. I even haunted all the nominated author's blogs.

I DO know one result, though. Mackenzie McKade won 2nd place in Contemporary for A Tall Dark Cowboy and she won 1st place in Paranormal for Fallon's Revenge!!! WOO to the HOO!! Congrats MacKenzie! I'm proud as a mama hen- I just get all kinds of happy when a book/author I like is liked so well by others too!

As soon as I know any more results, I'll update this post and my previous post containing publisher and author links. Let's face it, it's not too often we get a list of books that are virtually guaranteed good reads!

BTW, if you happened to have dropped by a little while ago and saw that I had posted the winners... never mind... that was LAST year's results. *headslap* Note to self: READ before you copy/paste, asswipe!

UPDATE: Okay, FINALLY, the REAL 2006 Passionate Plume and Stroke of Midnight Awards! Congratulations to all of you. No matter where you ended up in the final round, please remember that, out of all the books released last year, YOUR work was in the top five and you deserve to do some knuckle polishing!

The 2006 Passionate Plume Final Round Results

Contemporary:
First – Double Dare, Saskia Walker
Second – A Tall Dark Cowboy, Mackenzie McKade
Third – Treacherous Wishes, Denise A Agnew
Honorable Mention – Dangerous Intentions, Denise A Agnew
Honorable Mention – Strip Search, Shelley Bradley

Futuristic / Fantasy / Sci-Fi:
First - Almost Human, Cat Marsters
Second - Inferno, Vivi Anna
Third - Torc’s Salvation, Melany Logen
Honorable Mention - The Lawman’s Wife, Lara Santiago
Honorable Mention - Roping Savannah, Jory Strong

Historical:
First - Burning Tigress by Jade Lee
Second - Sin by Sharon Page
Third - Master of Desire by Jessica Trapp
Honorable Mention - Ask for It by Sylvia Day
Honorable Mention - The Courage to Love by Samantha Kane

Novella:
First - Anna Leigh Keaton, Five Alarm Neighbor
Second - Nikki Alton, Rodeo Man
Third - Loribelle Hunt, Defending Serenity
Honorable Mention — Summer Devon, Invisible Touch
Honorable Mention — Anna Leigh Keaton and Madison Layle, Return To Me

Paranormal / TT:
First - Fallon’s Revenge - Mackenzie McKade
Second - Bloodlines: Conduit - Mechele Armstrong
Third - Seduced by Magic - Cheyenne McCray
Honorable mention: Enthralled - Laura Baumbach
Honorable mention : d’Argent Honor 2: Eternally - Ann Jacobs

STROKE OF MIDNIGHT Finalists

Paranormal/TT:
1st - Burn for You, Evie Byrne
2nd - Not that Innocent, Susan Meier
3rd - Crime of Passion, Holly Youngquist
Honorable Mention - Spell Bound, Stephanie Mowery
Honorable Mention - To Find A Queen, Nancy Liedel

Futuristic/Fantasy/Sci-Fi:
1st - The Captured Rose, Shelli Stevens
2nd - Something More Than Sex, Sher LeScott
3rd - Dream Traveler, Adele Dubois
Honorable Mention - Eternally Three: Touching Perfection, Lee Swift

Contemporary:
1st - When Petals Fall, Anne Rigoulot
2nd - BIG Trouble, Robin L. Rotham
3rd - Secret Reflection, Jennifer Brassel
Honorable Mention - The Amazing Sex Race, Julie Hurwitz
Honorable Mention - Liar, Liar, Julie MenschWellons

Historical:
1st - A LORD’S OBLIGATIONS, Elaine M. Powell
2nd - DANTE’S INFERNO, Evie Byrne
3rd - THE VOYAGE, Lori Schaefer
Honorable Mention - WHERE THE WOLF LIES, Jennifer Begley
Honorable Mention - FOSSA’S DARE, Sandy Storm

9 comments:

Rhian said...

i was about to bestow a frowny face because i didn't see a single member of the Tribe in the winners listing but caught sight of Robin in 2nd place under Stroke of Midnight. Okay - so i have read several of the books that won and agree they were outstanding but yo - i have to back my wenches, you know?

Adele Dubois said...

Hi again!

DREAM TRAVELER won third place in the SOM contest in the SciFi/Futuristic/Fantasy category and a full ms. has been requested by a publisher. No contract yet, so I can't offer any details. I hope to have good news soon.

Why not link my site to yours? Adele Dubois at www.adeledubios.com/ TTUL!

Best--Adele

Anonymous said...

Rhi, I'm still learning Tribe names, so a belated CONGRATS to Robin! I'm sure you'll let us all know when she sells it!

And Adele, CONGRATULATIONS to you, too! Also GREAT news about the publisher request! I already linked to your site in the post that I labeled +Passionate Plumes+. Actually, I think I'm going to do a little more work on that list, pretty it up, then repost it in a cleaner version. But either way, I WILL click on your link periodically and see if I can add an update.

Adele Dubois said...

Thanks for the congrats! Talk with you again soon!

Best--Adele Dubois

Rhian said...

Whoot! Just found out from Marissa Scott that she IS Anne Rigoulot (or Anne is her? Whatevah...) so another Triber in the win column, first place no less. Robin and Marissa ROCK! oh...and so do you QB!

Anne said...

Yeppers, I'm Anne writing as Marissa Scott, so woooot!

Congrats to all the winners and finalists! You all TOTALLY ROCK!

Anonymous said...

Congrats Anne!! That is sooo way cool! And I'm sure Rhi will be pimping for you when "When the Petals Fall" sells, too!

Kate Johnson said...

Squeee! I love seeing my name in the papers. I mean on blogs. Whatever!

(Yeah...you can tell I'm a published author by my smooth and eloquent comments. Snort)

Anonymous said...

Congrats Cat! You've got every right to squee!